One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As Richard Schickel cannily wrote: ‘He does not exhibit the born actor's relish at playing a heel.’’
- ‘Eyeing the city's economic future, the Giuliani administration cannily looked to transform the Far West Side into Gotham's next major business district and shortly before leaving office came up with a master plan for how to do it.’
- ‘He was hauled in to co-present the CBS TV coverage of the Apollo 11, 12 and 15 missions - but he'd cannily already prepared a suitable bolthole.’
- ‘But as boss of Securitas for 13 years, he has cannily plotted the group's growth by acquisition, first across Europe, then through America, doing things his own idiosyncratic way.’
- ‘Like any traveling circus, she converts the sidewalk into a stage, cannily positioning herself for maximum visibility within a sea of pedestrians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.