One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of eating the flesh of one's own species.‘the film is quite disturbing at points with references to cannibalism’‘to avoid cannibalism caterpillars were reared individually’
- ‘In a few fish, reducing brood size sometimes leads to total brood cannibalism.’
- ‘Its narrator is a 23-year-old woman whose obsession with cannibalism may be more than academic.’
- ‘Cannibalism never appears within the human boundaries of this imagined community.’
- ‘They offer the most complex discussions of cannibalism among the Iroquois.’
- ‘We investigate the adaptive value of cannibalism in this orb-web spider, where 60 percent of males do not survive copulation.’
- ‘It's loosely based on the true story of the only man ever convicted of cannibalism in the United States.’
- ‘Variation in foraging vigor of certain female spiders predicts the occurrence of sexual cannibalism.’
- ‘Ecologically, cannibalism is just a special form of predation, functioning to increase access to animal food.’
- ‘Cannibalism was one method of establishing otherness in early modern representations of all three groups.’
- ‘A similar dynamic is at work in his reference to cannibalism among the native tribes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.