One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kidney-shaped bean of a medium-sized creamy-white variety.
- ‘Drain the cannellini beans and put into a large pot of cold water to cover.’
- ‘2 Put the cannellini beans, stock, bay leaf and garlic in a pot and bring to the boil.’
- ‘Throughout, we ate the delicious Tuscan fare - thin-crusted brick-oven pizzas in Viterbo, spit-roasted pork at an open-air farmers' market in Orvieto, cannellini beans with bread at a wine tasting in Chianti.’
- ‘Jana adds this herbal companionship to a mix of tomatoes, fennel, zucchini, green beans, and cannellini beans.’
- ‘I see no reason why you can't use equally mealy cannellini beans if that is what you have, though I have used butter beans before now and good they were too.’
Italian cannellini, literally ‘small tubes’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.