One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kidney-shaped bean of a medium-sized creamy-white variety.
- ‘2 Put the cannellini beans, stock, bay leaf and garlic in a pot and bring to the boil.’
- ‘Jana adds this herbal companionship to a mix of tomatoes, fennel, zucchini, green beans, and cannellini beans.’
- ‘Throughout, we ate the delicious Tuscan fare - thin-crusted brick-oven pizzas in Viterbo, spit-roasted pork at an open-air farmers' market in Orvieto, cannellini beans with bread at a wine tasting in Chianti.’
- ‘I see no reason why you can't use equally mealy cannellini beans if that is what you have, though I have used butter beans before now and good they were too.’
- ‘Drain the cannellini beans and put into a large pot of cold water to cover.’
Italian cannellini, literally ‘small tubes’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.