One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of closely related compounds which include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis.
- ‘The term cannabinoid refers to chemicals found exclusively in these cannabis plants.’
- ‘Other in vitro studies showed that the same cannabinoid could protect against neuronal death in response to hypoxia and glucose deprivation in cell culture conditions, but this effect was not mediated by CBI or CB2 receptors.’
- ‘THC, the main cannabinoid that causes a high, interacts with non-psychoactive cannabinoids, mainly cannabidiol and cannabinol.’
- ‘We did find information in the form of randomised controlled trials of tetrahydrocannabinol and synthetic cannabinoids.’
- ‘The original plants had either CBD or THC as the predominant cannabinoid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.