One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a large, athletic breed of mastiff, developed in Italy.‘Hercules is a black cane corso who tips the scale at about 150 pounds’
- ‘Cane corsos make incredible guard dogs.’
- ‘Quite simply, the Cane Corso is one of the most versatile breeds around, capable of excelling in a number of different pursuits and functions.’
- ‘I have recently adopted a beautiful Cane Corso.’
- ‘The cane corso doesn't bark much but has chased people who come into the yard and shows teeth.’
- ‘He has three more dogs, two Cane Corsos and a Rottweiler, at friends' houses.’
Italian, literally ‘Corsican dog’, from cane ‘dog’ and corso ‘Corsican’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.