One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An evergreen tree of the spurge family, with large seeds that yield an oil used for lighting and other purposes, native to SE Asia and the South Pacific islands.
"Aleurites moluccana", family "Euphorbiaceae"Also called candleberry
- ‘In a food processor, purée the lemongrass, garlic, turmeric, galangal, ginger, candlenuts, onion, chilies, and blachan.’
- ‘The classic Peranakan dish of chicken cooked with tar-black stuffed candlenuts is unbelievably delicious.’
- ‘Like practically everything else that grows in Hawai`i, the candlenut was imported here.’
- ‘In Timor-Leste today, candlenut is starting to become a good source of income for many people.’
- ‘They are recommended as a substitute in Indonesian recipes for candlenuts, which are more difficult to obtain in the West.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.