One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affected by or showing abnormalities characteristic of cancer.‘a cancerous tumour’‘if stem cells are unstable, they can become cancerous’
- ‘Of those patients, 214 were diagnosed with noncancerous masses, and 30 had cancerous neoplasms.’
- ‘Although cancerous liver cells easily can be grown in culture dishes, growing healthy liver cells is not so easy.’
- ‘The study suggests that the size of the light scatterers in the cancerous epithelium are not significantly modified.’
- ‘The young actress had a lump removed from her breast because doctors suspected it was cancerous.’
- ‘Individuals from Family A were monitored by dermatologists for cancerous and precancerous lesions of the skin.’
- ‘In the laboratory, this substance protects cells from cancerous change.’
- ‘Knowing what changes to the genome make cells cancerous can help oncologists defeat the tumor with tailor-made chemotherapy.’
- ‘It's believed calcium reduces the occurrence of polyps in the colon that can turn cancerous.’
- ‘A new ovarian tumor index to help physicians accurately diagnose ovarian tumors as cancerous or benign has been developed by researchers in Dallas.’
- ‘It was originally designed to break down cancerous tissues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.