One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house in a development built along the edge of a canal.‘this luxury canal home is currently on the market for over one million dollars’
- ‘The canal homes in Amsterdam are really breathtaking.’
- ‘Bette and I had visited that tiny canal home six years ago.’
- ‘But many have been given a new lease of life and have been converted into canal homes.’
- ‘During the unveiling, the firm showcased a set of 3D printed plastic pieces that will lock together to build the canal home's facade.’
- ‘There will be beach and canal-home sites, a shopping promenade, and a marina.’
- ‘We talk to residents about the advantages and disadvantages of a canal home existence.’
- ‘Around the same time that the first canal homes developed, the market place discovered the 'rumpus room' and 'open plan living'.’
- ‘He bought his canal home on a street called Harbor Island about ten years ago.’
- ‘Inspired by Amsterdam's canal homes, it was built in the "spirit of Bauhaus".’
- ‘We spoke to him at his Florida canal home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.