One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the biblical area of ancient Palestine west of the River Jordan.‘the ancient Canaanite fertility god’
- ‘At Deborah's command Barak, the Israelite general, swept down from Mt. Tabor with 10,000 men to destroy the Canaanite army.’
- ‘Lack of rain also caused the collapse of the Bronze Age Canaanite civilization in Palestine around 2000 bc.’
- ‘The earliest amphorae, known as Canaanite jars, originated on the Lebanese-Syrian coast in the 15th century BC.’
- ‘The pursuing Egyptians would break ranks and could be attacked by the hidden Canaanite charioteers.’
(in the Bible) a native or inhabitant of the area of ancient Palestine west of the River Jordan.‘the king of the Canaanites’
- ‘The Canaanites, the first known settlers in the country, spoke a Semitic language.’
- ‘According to Matthew and Mark, Simon was a Canaanite.’
- ‘Other tribes intermarried with Canaanites and were cursed by God.’
- ‘With the death of Joshua, the Israelites were not sure who should lead the fight against the Canaanites.’
- ‘Tophet was a huge hollow idol in which the Canaanites would set a blazing fire.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.