One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be able (or unable) to deal with humorous remarks or tricks without becoming angry or offended.‘if you can't take a joke, you should never have joined’
- ‘The British like to imagine that they are easy-going and can take a joke while not taking matters too seriously.’
- ‘I thought he'd be a little stung by that, but the guy can take a joke.’
- ‘I love a girl who can take a joke, who's ready for anything.’
- ‘It is advisable to make sure you select a boss who can take a joke.’
- ‘I should have added that they can't take a joke either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.