One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another word for camp (adjective)
- ‘The dialogue is frenetic and noirish, the action punctuated by a string of jarring, campy song-and-dance numbers.’
- ‘Certainly the Evil Dead movies are campy horror, but kind of a macho camp, if there is such a thing.’
- ‘It's meant to be an extremely campy and ironic satire.’
- ‘His campy gay stereotype act is hilarious, especially since he drops it with a roll of his eyes whenever the smitten guards aren't watching.’
- ‘There's so much macho posturing in this book that it would be campy if there were any humour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.