One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another word for camp (adjective)
- ‘Certainly the Evil Dead movies are campy horror, but kind of a macho camp, if there is such a thing.’
- ‘The dialogue is frenetic and noirish, the action punctuated by a string of jarring, campy song-and-dance numbers.’
- ‘There's so much macho posturing in this book that it would be campy if there were any humour.’
- ‘It's meant to be an extremely campy and ironic satire.’
- ‘His campy gay stereotype act is hilarious, especially since he drops it with a roll of his eyes whenever the smitten guards aren't watching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.