One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for measuring or mapping the field of vision of the eye.
- ‘With Damato campimetry we can measure the central visual field and the inner edge of the ring scotoma when it starts to develop.’
- ‘Until a few decades ago, campimetry was the standard of care but now is out of fashion.’
- ‘Conventional perimetry and even campimetry provides information pertaining to the borderline between seeing and non-seeing areas.’
- ‘Methods for measuring the visual field are perimetry, campimetry or noise field campimetry.’
- ‘Incorporating focal noise-field campimetry as a testing strategy for the proposed invention provides an extremely efficient method to determine significant visual field loss.’
Early 20th century: from Latin campus ‘field’ (see camp) + -metry.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.