Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An equestrian sport in which each rider in turn selects a bullock from a herd and drives it round a set course.
- ‘The ability of the horses, combined with breathtaking horsemanship, makes campdrafting a sport for both competitors and spectators.’
- ‘Mandy sometimes jokes that she works to pay for the feed bills and the fuel they consume travelling to campdrafting events.’
- ‘Terry and Christine have passed on their knowledge of the sport through numerous campdrafting schools held throughout Australia.’
- ‘After thoroughbred racing, campdrafting is Australia's second largest major horse sport.’
- ‘I use it for campdrafting and have found it to be very comfortable to ride in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.