Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An equestrian sport in which each rider in turn selects a bullock from a herd and drives it round a set course.
- ‘Mandy sometimes jokes that she works to pay for the feed bills and the fuel they consume travelling to campdrafting events.’
- ‘After thoroughbred racing, campdrafting is Australia's second largest major horse sport.’
- ‘The ability of the horses, combined with breathtaking horsemanship, makes campdrafting a sport for both competitors and spectators.’
- ‘Terry and Christine have passed on their knowledge of the sport through numerous campdrafting schools held throughout Australia.’
- ‘I use it for campdrafting and have found it to be very comfortable to ride in.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.