One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A horse used in campdrafts.‘the animal was an outstanding Australian-bred campdrafter’
- ‘The athleticism and skilful quick turns have given the Stockhorse a reputation as a talented campdrafter.’
- ‘Look at the best polo horses, campdrafters, dressage, endurance, and show-jumping horses.’
- 1.1 A rider who competes in campdrafts.‘an expert campdrafter chooses the cow most likely to do what he wants’
- ‘One of her daughters in particular became a more than competent campdrafter.’
- ‘She was a top stockperson and as good a campdrafter as most men involved in competitions.’
- ‘Several hundred grey nomads, campdrafters and bullriders attended the three-day Fitzroy Crossing rodeo.’
- ‘None of these fellers has ever had a bad word to say about anybody, except camp-drafters, who are almost universally disliked.’
- ‘Points are scored by the campdrafter both for horsemanship and knowledge of, and skill with, cattle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.