One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A horse used in campdrafts.‘the animal was an outstanding Australian-bred campdrafter’
- ‘The athleticism and skilful quick turns have given the Stockhorse a reputation as a talented campdrafter.’
- ‘Look at the best polo horses, campdrafters, dressage, endurance, and show-jumping horses.’
- 1.1 A rider who competes in campdrafts.‘an expert campdrafter chooses the cow most likely to do what he wants’
- ‘Points are scored by the campdrafter both for horsemanship and knowledge of, and skill with, cattle.’
- ‘None of these fellers has ever had a bad word to say about anybody, except camp-drafters, who are almost universally disliked.’
- ‘She was a top stockperson and as good a campdrafter as most men involved in competitions.’
- ‘One of her daughters in particular became a more than competent campdrafter.’
- ‘Several hundred grey nomads, campdrafters and bullriders attended the three-day Fitzroy Crossing rodeo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.