One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A competitive equestrian event in which a rider isolates a bullock from a group and drives it around a set course.‘one of our stock horses travelled the country competing in shows and campdrafts’
- ‘An experienced rider, she's working on her campdraft skills.’
- ‘The event begins on Wednesday with the judging of the campdraft.’
- ‘We have used our steers for many years for our local campdraft.’
- ‘They can get 500 or 600 nominations at a campdraft in a remote part of my electorate.’
- ‘I need a horse to ride so I can go to the campdraft in March.’
- ‘It's one of the premier events on Australia's campdraft calendar.’
- ‘The program for this year's one-day show is packed; from the 7 am start of the cattle dog trials, through to the twilight campdraft and closing fireworks at 9 pm.’
- ‘As well as this there are woodchopping events, a model search contest, a championship dog show, record entries in the campdraft, a whipcracking competition and heaps, heaps more.’
- ‘A handful of competitors made a campdraft, a barbeque and a laugh with a beer.’
- ‘It's a joy to watch a good campdraft horse in action and believe me, a real thrill to ride one.’
Late 19th century: from camp ‘the place where a mustered herd is assembled’ + draft ‘to separate cattle from a herd’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.