Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Knowledge and skill required for an outdoor life lacking modern conveniences.‘scouts learned campcraft and cold-weather survival’
- ‘Orienteering, team challenges and campcraft formed the bulk of level 1 subject matter.’
- ‘The activities and requirements in the workbook will help a lad learn beginning campcraft, outdoor safety, and awareness of his home and community environment.’
- ‘As part of their expeditions, young people are taught skills including campcraft, map reading and mountain survival.’
- ‘This slim book - a little more than a hundred pages - is his account of the skills he used on his journeys, and it covers basic campcraft at a size you can easily slip in your backpack.’
- ‘We offer two levels of campcraft courses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.