(of a flower) bell-shaped, like a campanula.
- ‘The one in the lower right is campanulate or umbonate.’
- ‘Flowers of species with spreading and campanulate corollas are visited and probably pollinated by bees.’
- ‘The species grows as a partially herbaceous deciduous vine, with fairly pale green, somewhat cut foliage and campanulate light rose-purple flowers.’
- ‘These are quite easy to grow with creamy campanulate flowers up to 30 cm tall from August to October.’
- ‘The campanulate flowers have four to six tepals.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.