Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who works in an organized and active way towards a goal.‘human rights campaigners are furious at the government's decision’
crusader, fighter, battlerchampion, advocate, promoter, enthusiastactivist, demonstrator, reformerView synonyms
- ‘Her convictions all seem to stem from her activities as a peace campaigner.’
- ‘Now the campaigners will have to gear themselves up for a further battle when the developers appeal.’
- ‘Now the couple are leading campaigners in the battle to increase awareness.’
- ‘He was a lawyer and a trade union activist, a campaigner for human rights and democracy.’
- ‘Against that, he is a seasoned campaigner who has fought some tough electoral battles in the past.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.