Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I get out of bed before Carter and shower and dress quickly, this time in the black cami and slacks.’
- ‘His gaze traveled downwards, and suddenly I felt exposed in my cami and shorts.’
- ‘Shrugging my shoulders, I pulled on my pink Pink Panther pants and a pink cami.’
- ‘When she emerged, clad in thin sweatpants and a powder blue cami, the pizza was already on the counter.’
- ‘The camis are so pretty you'll wish you could wear them out.’
- ‘I slipped on a pair of denim shorts and a plan green cami.’
- ‘I settle on my light blue moon pajama pants and a simple thin white cami.’
- ‘I hit Banana Republic and got three skirts, a top with a cami underneath, and the best pair of pen striped pants ever.’
- ‘And so, Friday came and I got dressed in a cute blue cami and tight jeans.’
- ‘What I did was simply wear lower-cut tops and camis with a regular underwire bra.’
- ‘The finest laces, satins and silk prints have been combined to create a functional yet flatteringly feminine treasure of knickers, bras and camis.’
- ‘Del got to her feet and pulled Keaton's sweatshirt on over her cami, shoving her hands into the pouch as she opened her door, deciding on a midnight snack.’
- ‘I immediately went upstairs to Julie's bedroom still dressed in her satin cami, half-slip, bra and panties.’
- ‘‘Here try this on,’ said Hailey throwing a short jean skirt and a turquoise cami, by Tommy Hilfiger, with blue and green lace for the straps.’
- ‘I got dressed into some jeans, a pink cami, and a pair of pink Converses.’
- ‘With that, he lay down on the blanket beside her and gently parted the wool fabric of her sweater to reveal a white cami.’
- ‘She pulled out a white lace cami just when she felt two hands on her waist.’
- ‘The same could be said for Reve Avoix lingerie, a new collection of cheeky knee-highs, peekaboo panties, camis, and hosiery.’
- ‘She was rather petite and wore a reddish orange cami with a black jacket.’
- ‘All thoroughly tested by founder and fellow A-cupper Kristen Jilek, the goods featured - from brassieres of all kinds to camis and swimwear - fit A, AA, and even AAA women.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.