One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman whose profession is operating a video, television, or film camera.‘a local news camerawoman’
- ‘Working as a freelance camerawoman is a really physical job.’
- ‘An American camerawoman trying to film the scene was quickly stopped.’
- ‘The BBC did use new footage briefly, which showed the camerawoman cowering in a cafe as debris rained down outside.’
- ‘His wife acts as camerawoman on their expeditions and is a practical person who organises everything.’
- ‘The Hampshire camerawoman was one of three skydivers in Nepal to make the first plunge from above the world's highest peak.’
- ‘She added a small screen to the set so she could watch herself as she performed while a camerawoman recorded her movements.’
- ‘I met a TV host and camerawoman who work for the Slice network.’
- ‘This spring she and a camerawoman spent a month on the road filming a half hour documentary.’
- ‘An officer caused a hairline fracture to the wrist of a local news camerawoman.’
- ‘A BBC camerawoman was outraged at the effects of plastic pollution on marine life she saw while filming in Hawaii.’
- ‘A camerawoman who filmed everything was forced by the police to erase part of the pictures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.