One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman whose profession is operating a video, television, or film camera.‘a local news camerawoman’
- ‘Working as a freelance camerawoman is a really physical job.’
- ‘I met a TV host and camerawoman who work for the Slice network.’
- ‘She added a small screen to the set so she could watch herself as she performed while a camerawoman recorded her movements.’
- ‘An American camerawoman trying to film the scene was quickly stopped.’
- ‘The Hampshire camerawoman was one of three skydivers in Nepal to make the first plunge from above the world's highest peak.’
- ‘A BBC camerawoman was outraged at the effects of plastic pollution on marine life she saw while filming in Hawaii.’
- ‘The BBC did use new footage briefly, which showed the camerawoman cowering in a cafe as debris rained down outside.’
- ‘An officer caused a hairline fracture to the wrist of a local news camerawoman.’
- ‘His wife acts as camerawoman on their expeditions and is a practical person who organises everything.’
- ‘A camerawoman who filmed everything was forced by the police to erase part of the pictures.’
- ‘This spring she and a camerawoman spent a month on the road filming a half hour documentary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.