One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose profession is operating a video, television, or film camera.
- ‘The cameramen were filming the event, and the ever-present director was narrating.’
- ‘After a cut, the video camera pans right and a cameraman appears in long shot holding a film camera.’
- ‘To capture this took a heady mix of patient cameramen, infra-red cameras and ultra high-speed video.’
- ‘Mick Westerman, the video cameraman, wondered if he was a better golfer than commentator.’
- ‘There are lives that unravel completely, with only a cameraman and a sound engineer as witnesses.’
- ‘Officers watched the crowd through binoculars and police cameramen filmed participants' faces.’
- ‘The drama, on Sunday November 25, was captured on videotape by an Afghan cameraman.’
- ‘What is less well remembered is that one in five of the reporters and cameramen covering the event were sent to the hospital.’
- ‘Crowds screamed at the soldiers while the task force attempted to stop cameramen from filming.’
- ‘It was especially bad for directors, but also cameramen and actors, who had a very poor standard of life.’
- ‘When you announce that one of your staff was hurt, you expect phone calls from the families of all these reporters and cameramen.’
- ‘He was a cameraman, a director and an editor who had a gut reaction to a story and was passionate about his craft.’
- ‘In the programme's opening credits, a cameraman on a large pulley produced a brilliant camera angle.’
- ‘The cameramen filmed the explosion of a Pembroke aircraft, for a new spy series, The Sandbaggers, which goes out in September.’
- ‘Police forced the cameramen to discontinued filming the fight as Burns stumbled to the ground.’
- ‘Photographers and television cameramen were allowed to take pictures of the two leaders just before the start of the session.’
- ‘Scenes of devastation are recorded by TV cameramen daily until the mind goes numb.’
- ‘I understand that he probably wasn't able to afford a professional cameraman.’
- ‘The announcers and cameramen handled it professionally.’
- ‘Her car was pursued by a caravan of newspaper reporters, while television cameramen hovered overhead in helicopters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.