One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mobile phone incorporating a digital camera.
- ‘The habit of banning camera phones simply follows the banning of ordinary cameras in many places.’
- ‘Here is a pic of me taken with my company-provided camera phone yesterday.’
- ‘Every young person there had their camera phone, taking pictures.’
- ‘At the same time, camera phones outsold digital still cameras by almost four to one.’
- ‘An optional Bluetooth adaptor is ideal for camera phones, too.’
- ‘The news media were not the only ones to capitalize on these camera phones.’
- ‘The advent of the camera phone will see to that.’
- ‘I knew I got a camera phone for a reason.’
- ‘At least two other teenagers filmed the cruelty on camera phones.’
- ‘A client at Aldgate has just emailed me a thoroughly depressing picture they took on Thursday morning on their camera phone.’
- ‘I saw countless people taking pictures with camera phones.’
- ‘The guy that sat next to me used his camera phone to take approximately 73 pictures of himself in his seat.’
- ‘She was surrounded by a group of awestruck teenagers all snapping away on their camera phones.’
- ‘A nineteen year-old has been given a six month custodial sentence for using his camera phone to take pictures in court.’
- ‘Honda has imposed a blanket ban on camera phones in a bid to stop industrial espionage.’
- ‘Some clubs have policies banning camera phones or even cell phones from the gym facilities.’
- ‘The camera phone has turned everyone into a potential paparazzo.’
- ‘One major success for the firm has been sales of camera phones.’
- ‘Even the phone manufacturers have a strict policy towards the use of camera phones on their premises.’
- ‘Wait till you see what people captured with their own camera phones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.