One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Decorative glass consisting of layers of different colours, the outermost being cut away to leave a design in relief.‘the Portland Vase is the most exquisite surviving example of cameo glass’
- ‘The use of cameo glass is rare, but not unique in Tiffany's mosaic work.’
- ‘In the latter, Emile Galle studied and imitated Islamic and other historical models before embarking on an independent course, producing sculptural and coloristic effects in cameo glass that translated a personal vision.’
- ‘The Portland Vase, a Roman cameo glass vase dating from the 1st century BC, was smashed by a drunken visitor to the British Museum.’
- ‘Made possible by the David Berg Foundation, the exhibition briefly treats related mediums such as cameo glass, explains the differences between cameos and intaglios, and addresses the faking of cameos.’
- ‘Demand for the more expensive English cameo glass produced in the Stourbridge glassworks has been static for years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.