One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of two spiny leguminous shrubs occurring in arid country.
- ‘A cape cobra thrusts its yellow head out of a nest in a camel thorn tree, its jaws clenched around two screaming chicks.’
- ‘One afternoon, I spotted a starving old lioness lying in the sparse shade of a camel thorn tree near the water hole.’
- ‘The lodge covers an area of approximately 15 hectares of local ‘bushveld’ and centuries-old camel thorn trees.’
- ‘Well-established camel thorn trees are of the most drought resistant trees we have.’
- ‘The beautiful, slow-growing camel thorn grows well in poor soils and in harsh environmental conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.