One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘I think that now is the time for calypsonians to make a serious contribution in dealing with the crime situation.’
- ‘I really appreciate that the crowd is cheering on the calypsonians.’
- ‘A singer, musician, promoter, calypso tent manager, calypso judge, and above all, a father figure to many calypsonians, he was also responsible for launching the careers of many aspiring calypsonians.’
- ‘An editorial in the Newsday newspaper last month said that while calypsonians have always been permitted a certain latitude with their songs, society cannot permit anyone to make fun of murder and kidnapping.’
- ‘They now force calypsonians to depend on Carnival instead of encouraging them to make local songs right through the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.