One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that uses large electromagnets to separate uranium isotopes from uranium ore, developed in the 1940s to produce highly enriched weapons-grade uranium.
- ‘When his previous calutrons were discovered and destroyed, they hadn't even been finished.’
- ‘The calutron program was largely indigenous and was an improvement over the technology used by the United States in the 1940's.’
- ‘We were the only people who made use of the calutron, as far as I know.’
- ‘These were fed into calutrons for research purposes.’
- ‘The invention is an ion source assembly for calutrons utilizing high vapor pressure elements.’
From Cal(ifornia) U(niversity) (cyclo)tron.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.