One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In answer to our calumniators who say we wish to destroy property, I answer that we will not destroy the bedstead, but we will annihilate the bugs!’
- ‘Hereafter you will stand in the pillory of history as a defamer - a calumniator of the dead.’
- ‘It is vain to urge that truth will prevail, and that slander, when detected, recoils on the calumniator.’
- ‘There is another method open to both calumniator and apologist.’
- ‘Men of piety, like him, may expect to be perpetually accused, so long as the world contains calumniators like you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.