One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without agitation or strong emotion.‘he spoke slowly and calmly’‘people living in the area reacted calmly to the incident’
- ‘He's still laughing but much more calmly.’
- ‘I kept working at the knot, but did so calmly and carefully.’
- ‘Many potentially explosive situations can be diffused if they are dealt with swiftly, calmly, and rationally.’
- ‘She calmly leaned back in her seat and stared up at him, smiling evilly.’
- ‘Take time to calmly think through your options.’
- ‘His mother was shocked and dismayed, while his stepfather calmly told him to go to bed without eating.’
- ‘They become grotesquely empowered by calmly taking pleasure in their rebellion.’
- ‘He pulls her out of the car and asks her calmly not to look back.’
- ‘I want to leave the stage gently and calmly, without weeping into my pillow.’
- ‘I approached it calmly, not allowing any weakness to show, including the fact that I had been crying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.