One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows an insensitive and cruel disregard for others; unfeelingly.‘they use other people callously and remorselessly for their own ends’
- ‘The homeless man who I tell callously to get some self-respect would not remember the incident.’
- ‘Some movies sought to teach us about these uncommon threats, yet these lessons have been callously disregarded.’
- ‘He trusted me, and I callously betrayed him.’
- ‘Nothing could be worse than the imposition of such callously designed development programs.’
- ‘Employers who callously or ignorantly exposed their workers to a dangerous substance need to be held accountable.’
- ‘I've never had any parent behave this callously at our house.’
- ‘She seems to callously brush aside their views on religion.’
- ‘They have been struck by the politics of fear and ignorance callously played by that administration.’
- ‘The charges that these prisoners were callously abandoned by our own leaders are, obviously, extremely serious.’
- ‘I felt her hand touch me, and I callously shook her off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.