A plant of a genus that comprises the bottlebrushes.
- ‘There they were, right on cue, feeding in the callistemons in the car park right in front of the Information Centre.’
- ‘Dwarf callistemons and dianellas are good in sunny spots.’
- ‘Native plants with needle-like leaves or those with a small surface area such as many callistemons are also reliable in heat.’
- ‘When can I transplant a callistemon and how should I prune it?’
- ‘Plants recommended for a south-facing wall include callistemon, the beautiful crimson bottle-brush and the startling passion flower.’
Modern Latin, from Greek kallos beauty + stēmōn thread or stamen.