Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Why didn't the scientist install a calling bell in his house?’
- ‘The door calling bell and your telephone will always ring only when you are in the bathroom.’
- ‘Firstly, he disconnected the calling bell.’
- ‘Youngsters also displayed science models like a calling bell, an alarm and a simple thermometer.’
- ‘This circuit automatically deactivates your calling bell for a minute after it has already rung once by a visitor to give you adequate time to respond to it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.