One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The item was created to serve as a brush cleaning receptacle for royal calligraphists of the day in ancient China.’
- ‘The calligraphist had given each letter a shadow, so that the words seemed to hover just over the page.’
- ‘Also in the garden, inscriptions of the noted calligraphists lure many lovers of oriental culture.’
- ‘That's because more than simply writing, calligraphists perform an ‘ink dance,’ says University of Maryland professor Jason Kuo, a supporter of the exhibit.’
- ‘People were all in high spirits with Spring Festival scrolls written by officials and calligraphists in hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.