One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a bond that can be paid off earlier than the maturity date.
- ‘The negative values frequently exceed the spread-related costs of an arbitrage strategy designed to exploit the mispriced callable bond.’
- ‘Since all the convertible bonds in our sample are also callable, noncallable corporate bonds were excluded from the sample.’
- ‘The risk is that when buyers pay more than par for callable bonds, the interest they receive won't cover the premium if the bond is called, leaving them out of pocket.’
- ‘If a corporate bond is callable, then the issuing company has the right to purchase the bond after some minimum time period.’
- ‘If your callable bond pays at least 1% more than newer issues of identical quality, it is likely a call could be forthcoming in the near future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.