One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The characteristic call of a particular bird.‘the usual call note is a sharp ‘tchick ’’
- ‘Where one species overlaps in territory with another having a similar call note, the frequency of the first species' song is adjusted upward by about 0.3 kilohertz.’
- ‘Black-chinned hummingbirds produce a variety of call notes, typically used while chasing other birds.’
- ‘Structural characters and call notes remain the most diagnostic traits.’
- ‘One means of distinguishing the willow tit from the marsh tit is by call notes.’
- ‘A parent feeds only its own chick, recognizing the chick by its call note.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.