One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The characteristic call of a particular bird.‘the usual call note is a sharp ‘tchick ’’
- ‘A parent feeds only its own chick, recognizing the chick by its call note.’
- ‘One means of distinguishing the willow tit from the marsh tit is by call notes.’
- ‘Black-chinned hummingbirds produce a variety of call notes, typically used while chasing other birds.’
- ‘Structural characters and call notes remain the most diagnostic traits.’
- ‘Where one species overlaps in territory with another having a similar call note, the frequency of the first species' song is adjusted upward by about 0.3 kilohertz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.