One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Money loaned by a bank or other institution which is repayable on demand.
- ‘Though nominal interest rates had fallen, the trend seems to have reversed as measured by call money and Treasury bill rates.’
- ‘The central bank decided to cut the target rate for unsecured overnight call money by 0.10 percent to around 0.15 percent and to cut the official discount rate by 0.10 percent to a record low of 0.25 percent.’
- ‘Under the policy adopted February 12 last year, the bank has been steering the target rate for unsecured overnight call money as low as possible to prop up economic activity.’
- ‘In the meantime, you are vulnerable to a short squeeze, margin calls, or having your position liquidated if you don't come up with the call money.’
- ‘The bank decided at its Policy Board meeting Wednesday to trim both the official discount rate and the more closely watched target rate for overnight call money by 0.1 percentage point, effective Thursday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.