One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An office in which large numbers of telephone calls are handled, especially one providing the customer services functions of a large organization.
- ‘The new call centre will play an important role in future plans for European expansion.’
- ‘It has changed from a traditional call centre to a modern customer service centre.’
- ‘Cars will be delivered to customers' homes and a dedicated call centre will handle any queries.’
- ‘In your quest to operate a successful call center, remember the right management plays a critical role.’
- ‘The customer call centre based at the Manchester brewery is not affected.’
- ‘In the call center, customer contact is predominantly by telephone, either inbound or outbound.’
- ‘Design a peaceful call center that our operators will actually enjoy.’
- ‘More calls come into the call center where customer service representatives take product orders.’
- ‘One of my friends works in the customer service call center of a national pager company.’
- ‘As part of the scheme, the council is to create a new call centre handling incoming calls.’
- ‘The company will also provide a call centre and some front office services.’
- ‘Indeed, the system's efforts to shore up its flagship call center appear to be paying off beyond just good will.’
- ‘Another $4 million has gone to a new call center and telecommunications equipment.’
- ‘The company is already involved in electronic funds transfer and runs a call center for a Web retailer.’
- ‘While the client's facility functions primarily as an inbound call center, an outbound group exists.’
- ‘We've hired hundreds of people from Wall Street to answer questions and offer advice in our call center.’
- ‘The sheer volume of customer contact in the call center cannot be matched in any other segment of business.’
- ‘These varied media are turning the traditional call center loo a multimedia customer contact center.’
- ‘A dedicated subgroup of agents is assigned to service each of the call types in the call center.’
- ‘During this period, residents may find that the call centre and the counter service are busier than usual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.