One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An office in which large numbers of telephone calls are handled, especially one providing the customer services functions of a large organization.
- ‘It has changed from a traditional call centre to a modern customer service centre.’
- ‘The sheer volume of customer contact in the call center cannot be matched in any other segment of business.’
- ‘The company will also provide a call centre and some front office services.’
- ‘In the call center, customer contact is predominantly by telephone, either inbound or outbound.’
- ‘The new call centre will play an important role in future plans for European expansion.’
- ‘A dedicated subgroup of agents is assigned to service each of the call types in the call center.’
- ‘The customer call centre based at the Manchester brewery is not affected.’
- ‘We've hired hundreds of people from Wall Street to answer questions and offer advice in our call center.’
- ‘Another $4 million has gone to a new call center and telecommunications equipment.’
- ‘These varied media are turning the traditional call center loo a multimedia customer contact center.’
- ‘More calls come into the call center where customer service representatives take product orders.’
- ‘During this period, residents may find that the call centre and the counter service are busier than usual.’
- ‘As part of the scheme, the council is to create a new call centre handling incoming calls.’
- ‘The company is already involved in electronic funds transfer and runs a call center for a Web retailer.’
- ‘One of my friends works in the customer service call center of a national pager company.’
- ‘While the client's facility functions primarily as an inbound call center, an outbound group exists.’
- ‘Cars will be delivered to customers' homes and a dedicated call centre will handle any queries.’
- ‘In your quest to operate a successful call center, remember the right management plays a critical role.’
- ‘Design a peaceful call center that our operators will actually enjoy.’
- ‘Indeed, the system's efforts to shore up its flagship call center appear to be paying off beyond just good will.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.