Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for puppy love
- ‘My brother Mahendralingam, did not lose the opportunity, and his calf love affair was blossoming into the next stage but not ‘bull love’ yet.’
- ‘There is no need for you to be unnecessarily concerned, for this calf love will disappear and the lady fall from her pedestal for one of the following reasons.’
- ‘It was the kind of desperate, headlong, adolescent calf love that he should have experienced years ago and got over.’
- ‘This is undoubtedly your calf love; but for Beauty's sake show better taste next time.’
- ‘Some of today's Valentine's Day messages may reflect only calf love or puppy love but these cannot be discarded as silly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.