Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for puppy love
- ‘This is undoubtedly your calf love; but for Beauty's sake show better taste next time.’
- ‘There is no need for you to be unnecessarily concerned, for this calf love will disappear and the lady fall from her pedestal for one of the following reasons.’
- ‘It was the kind of desperate, headlong, adolescent calf love that he should have experienced years ago and got over.’
- ‘Some of today's Valentine's Day messages may reflect only calf love or puppy love but these cannot be discarded as silly.’
- ‘My brother Mahendralingam, did not lose the opportunity, and his calf love affair was blossoming into the next stage but not ‘bull love’ yet.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.