One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day on which pupils in rural areas bring calves to school as part of a competition to find the best animal.‘bad weather has never cancelled calf day’
- ‘The co-operative were great supporters of the rural community, sponsoring school calf days and other rural events.’
- ‘From a spectator's point of view, the school's Calf Day was a great success.’
- ‘The school goes back a long way, as does Calf Day, that iconic Taranaki event that has always dominated the rural school calendar.’
- ‘The various screens in the exhibition will offer up a number of themes - pet and calf days, parades, group and individual pets and curiosities.’
- ‘"Calf day is not about making money," the Principal says.’
- ‘The couple had met at a calf day.’
- ‘She takes time out from ribbon presenting duty to sit in the shade and explain exactly what calf day is all about.’
- ‘If you've never experienced Calf Day, you're in for a treat. This is no ordinary school gala!’
- ‘They live up the road and come to calf day every year.’
- ‘It's things like calf day that make a school so special.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.