One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day on which pupils in rural areas bring calves to school as part of a competition to find the best animal.‘bad weather has never cancelled calf day’
- ‘The various screens in the exhibition will offer up a number of themes - pet and calf days, parades, group and individual pets and curiosities.’
- ‘The school goes back a long way, as does Calf Day, that iconic Taranaki event that has always dominated the rural school calendar.’
- ‘From a spectator's point of view, the school's Calf Day was a great success.’
- ‘They live up the road and come to calf day every year.’
- ‘If you've never experienced Calf Day, you're in for a treat. This is no ordinary school gala!’
- ‘It's things like calf day that make a school so special.’
- ‘The couple had met at a calf day.’
- ‘"Calf day is not about making money," the Principal says.’
- ‘The co-operative were great supporters of the rural community, sponsoring school calf days and other rural events.’
- ‘She takes time out from ribbon presenting duty to sit in the shade and explain exactly what calf day is all about.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.