One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Containing or producing calcium salts, especially calcium carbonate.‘nodules of calciferous clay’
- ‘The stroma itself was myxomatous with numerous calciferous bodies and occasional ganglion cells in clusters.’
- ‘Thus Murano artisans replaced calciferous sand with quartz sand resulting in objects that were crystal-like in appearance.’
- ‘Chardonnay vines tend to bud early in the season and prefer calciferous soils that contain marl.’
- ‘D. agilis, by its possession of five pairs of calciferous glands, falls outside the definition of the genus.’
- ‘The sand is cooled by passing the colored calciferous sand over a fluidized bed cooler.’
- ‘The calcium ions added to waste material by the calciferous glands are important because they enrich the soil which would otherwise be lacking.’
- ‘Next above the Potsdam and calciferous sandrocks there appears stretching across the county a narrow belt of the Trenton period.’
- ‘The hard corals still had their form in all their previous and glorious variety, but the living element, the part that grows on the calciferous skeleton and holds it all together, was missing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.