One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for calabash
- ‘Then add each of the vegetables at 2 minute intervals starting with the green plantains, calabaza, chayote, Anaheim chile and red pepper.’
- ‘Add calabaza, carrots, chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.’
- ‘Although calabaza is a tropical squash variety, its popularity of use is increasing in non-tropical regions.’
- ‘For the main course we had grilled chipotle-glazed strip sirloin, gingered chickpea fries and calabaza melon slaw, all washed down with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.’
- ‘Cooked, puréed calabaza will keep in the freezer for up to 1 year, packed tightly in airtight containers.’
- ‘I did a search of ‘empanada de calabaza’, and received the following results.’
- ‘If it still resists, remove the stem and position a large, sharp knife along the calabaza's length.’
- ‘Pour the calabaza onto a large sheet tray and place in the oven to roast until the calabaza has softened and caramelized, about 30 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.