One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of mixed martial arts which takes place in a cage or similarly enclosed arena.
- ‘He earned £35 for his first illegal fight, but it was when his two managers persuaded him to go into the cage fighting scene that he earned serious cash.’
- ‘The world of cage fighting has been legitimised, but not homogenised.’
- ‘In between shots, Larry and I do a lot of cage fighting.’
- ‘Rosi reckons there are strong similarities between her talents for maths and for cage fighting, also known as mixed martial arts.’
- ‘She quickly mastered the skills of cage fighting by the age of 10 and traveled the world competing.’
- ‘The pay-per-view sport also known as cage fighting has been blasted by Senator John McCain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.