Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of coffee or tea) containing the natural amount of caffeine, or with caffeine added:‘100 male volunteers consumed various amounts of caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee’
- ‘Last but not least, caffeinated coffee helps improve one's reflexes.’
- ‘He called from the kitchen, ‘You've probably only had caffeinated tea then, right?’’
- ‘Cut down on the amount of coffee, tea or caffeinated sodas you consume throughout the day, and avoid them altogether in the four or five hours before bedtime.’
- ‘Of 1000 office workers surveyed, 76% drink tea, coffee or caffeinated cola more than three times during the working day.’
- ‘If you're trying to cut back on coffee or caffeinated beverages, do it gradually.’
- ‘Avoid all stimulants in the evening, including chocolate, caffeinated sodas, and caffeinated teas.’
- ‘The second thing, drink some coffee or another caffeinated beverage.’
- ‘So coffee is actually more caffeinated than espresso and therefore cappuccino.’
- ‘What we tell our patients to do is slowly decrease the amount of caffeinated beverages, whether it's coffee or tea or sodas or other soft drinks.’
- ‘The patients were interviewed by researchers to find out how much caffeinated coffee and cola they consumed before their heart attack.’
- ‘If you almost never drink caffeine, she says, a cup of coffee or caffeinated cola might dehydrate you a little.’
- ‘This is likely to improve his well-being and counteract the dehydration caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea tend to induce.’
- ‘Ingestion of even a small cup of caffeinated coffee or even a caffeine pill at the same time as one eats, has been shown to ameliorate the effects of low blood pressure.’
- ‘Your chances of developing an irritated bladder can double if you're drinking more than four cups of caffeinated coffee each day.’
- ‘I've eliminated caffeinated sodas and coffee completely.’
- ‘Avoid alcohol, coffee, or other caffeinated drinks, which can also irritate the stomach lining.’
- ‘It is universally accepted that caffeinated tea raises metabolic rate because caffeine is a stimulant.’
- ‘Demand for decaffeinated coffee is growing globally because of the possible adverse health effects of caffeinated coffee, says one news source.’
- ‘However, the stress of modern life, and the prevalence of coffee and caffeinated colas, has lead people to overload on caffeine.’
- ‘And even with caffeinated coffee, coffee in moderation is fine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.