Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A curtain covering the lower half of a window.
window hanging, hanging, screen, blindView synonyms
- ‘They all share the kitchen, which is rather countrified, with perky café curtains and a view of a neighbouring wall.’
- ‘She had a caramel skin tone that glistened with body cream and shimmered in the rays of the sun that danced through the beautiful café curtains.’
- ‘Hang full-length curtain panels over the cafe curtains in a room if you desire more privacy at night.’
- ‘Here, pale green plates, arranged along the lower sash of a rarely opened double-hung window, act as a valance for sheer cafe curtains.’
- ‘Her mother leaned forward to part the cafe curtains billowing onto the table as he opened the back door to the alleyway door because he was a proud man, and because his neighbors were nosy.’
- ‘These cafe curtains are simple, inexpensive and take almost no time at all.’
- ‘You can add the lacy material by wrapping it loosely around the top rod and let the ends of the fabric drape down by the cafe curtains.’
- ‘We started noticing the cafe curtains when we drove down Bloomfield Ave.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.