One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A curtain covering the lower half of a window.
window hanging, hanging, screen, blindView synonyms
- ‘Hang full-length curtain panels over the cafe curtains in a room if you desire more privacy at night.’
- ‘Her mother leaned forward to part the cafe curtains billowing onto the table as he opened the back door to the alleyway door because he was a proud man, and because his neighbors were nosy.’
- ‘These cafe curtains are simple, inexpensive and take almost no time at all.’
- ‘Here, pale green plates, arranged along the lower sash of a rarely opened double-hung window, act as a valance for sheer cafe curtains.’
- ‘She had a caramel skin tone that glistened with body cream and shimmered in the rays of the sun that danced through the beautiful café curtains.’
- ‘You can add the lacy material by wrapping it loosely around the top rod and let the ends of the fabric drape down by the cafe curtains.’
- ‘We started noticing the cafe curtains when we drove down Bloomfield Ave.’
- ‘They all share the kitchen, which is rather countrified, with perky café curtains and a view of a neighbouring wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.