One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A curtain covering the lower half of a window.
window hanging, hanging, screen, blindView synonyms
- ‘They all share the kitchen, which is rather countrified, with perky café curtains and a view of a neighbouring wall.’
- ‘We started noticing the cafe curtains when we drove down Bloomfield Ave.’
- ‘These cafe curtains are simple, inexpensive and take almost no time at all.’
- ‘Hang full-length curtain panels over the cafe curtains in a room if you desire more privacy at night.’
- ‘Her mother leaned forward to part the cafe curtains billowing onto the table as he opened the back door to the alleyway door because he was a proud man, and because his neighbors were nosy.’
- ‘She had a caramel skin tone that glistened with body cream and shimmered in the rays of the sun that danced through the beautiful café curtains.’
- ‘Here, pale green plates, arranged along the lower sash of a rarely opened double-hung window, act as a valance for sheer cafe curtains.’
- ‘You can add the lacy material by wrapping it loosely around the top rod and let the ends of the fabric drape down by the cafe curtains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.