One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cafe which also serves alcoholic drinks.
- ‘The café bar currently calls time at 11 pm, roughly when the venue's nightly gig ends.’
- ‘The hot weather has also persuaded people to adopt a Mediterranean evening cafe culture of eating outdoors, be it outside a cafe bar, downing pints outside the local pub or hosting barbecues in the garden.’
- ‘A national award could prove the turning point for a Bradford cafe bar which was on the brink of closure in January.’
- ‘The four storey over basement bar has recently been renovated, and is now a modern cafe bar laid out over three levels.’
- ‘Danny, 17, single-handedly built two kitchens and a café bar at his local community centre in Syke, Rochdale.’
- ‘As for those tarts, Norma says the classy café bar won't be a ‘late night crèche’ for scantily clad youths grasping cheap bottles of fizzy alcoholic pop.’
- ‘Easter came early for children at a Yorkshire hospice - thanks to hundreds of motorcyclists who frequent the same café bar.’
- ‘Further facilities include a cafe bar with views over the ski slope and a Chinese restaurant.’
- ‘Those conditions include that it can only be used as a café bar, and no other type of eating place or restaurant.’
- ‘If people want a café bar someone will open one; it's about supply and demand.’
- ‘That sort of behaviour would be unacceptable in my café bar.’
- ‘There will also be a cafe bar, with the rest of the building used by various community groups.’
- ‘A jukebox close by the café bar was playing a jazzy theme from a hit TV show series.’
- ‘I could think of worse things happening to it than a cafe bar, but I would love to see it continuing as it is.’
- ‘The club is set over three levels; the ground floor is a café bar by day, and a wine bar at night.’
- ‘Any drinker, binge or otherwise, can only sit on one stool - or soft lounge sofa in the case of the café bar - so he's not going to drink any more because there happens to be two places beside each other selling the stuff.’
- ‘A trendy cafe bar which was expected to help rejuvenate historic Little Germany is to shut, with the loss of five jobs, less than two years after it opened.’
- ‘‘It's a genuine café bar that will also serve good Mediterranean food,’ he says.’
- ‘The length of the riverside could be a covered walkway of shops and a cafe bar or pub similar to the walkways of Liverpool Docks.’
- ‘Together with the plush cafe bar pictured above, it's all due for completion later this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.