Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A toxic crystalline acid containing arsenic, used as a herbicide.
- ‘Sodium cacodylate and cacodylic acid are likely to have similar toxicologic characteristics.’
- ‘Finally two studies implicated interaction of cacodylic acid with the sulfhydryl compound glutathione, and induction of metallothionein.’
- ‘Fires may produce irritating and/or poisonous gases if cacodylic acid is burned.’
- ‘The local irritant effects of cacodylic acid are minimal compared to those of arsenic.’
- ‘Large dietary doses of cacodylic acid for extended periods of time decrease fertility.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.