One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telegraph message sent by cable.‘Walter shot off a cablegram’mass noun ‘we heard of his death by cablegram’
- ‘Although the Office of Censorship did intercept and read letters and cablegrams and tap phone calls, most Americans accepted the abridgment of their First Amendment rights during the global crisis.’
- ‘Second, it broke these expenses down into a large series of cost accounts, tracking everything from the cost of fuel to the charges for cablegrams into separate cost categories.’
- ‘A doctor did the describing in the interests of VD control, and cablegrams were provided that the men might reassure the folks back home that the 30th had landed having the situation well in hand.’
- ‘In the intervals between these desperate and expensive cablegrams to Benghazi - they were long and frequent - my employer would reminisce.’
- ‘My grandmother and father were just sitting down to dinner after coming home from church when the cablegram arrived.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.