One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system in which television programmes are transmitted to the sets of subscribers by cable rather than by a broadcast signal.
- ‘For broadcast and cable television, the goal has not simply been to attract a high number of eyeballs.’
- ‘In this age of satellite radio stations and cable television, it is difficult to imagine jukeboxes making a comeback.’
- ‘Radio, cable television, the book publishing world all enlarge the profile of the franchise player.’
- ‘The wrestling event was televised live on pay-per-view cable television and was seen around the country.’
- ‘His television special on Kwanzaa was broadcast on Manhattan cable television.’
- ‘The rise of conservative voices on talk radio and cable television has also had some impact on the tilt and tenor of public life.’
- ‘So you can have the rights for the free-to-air, but apart from that you've got cable television.’
- ‘Even those who have heard about the devil and all his works are more than likely to have acquired their knowledge from the illicit viewing of cable television.’
- ‘Do kids with cable television not draw televisions as a box with a ‘V’ antennae on top?’
- ‘Clearly things were getting a little bit confused, and with satellite and cable television on the horizon something had to be done.’
- ‘Finally, direct broadcast satellites were introduced to further expand cable television.’
- ‘Another growing phenomenon on cable television is the so-called infomercial.’
- ‘That quote began to find its way onto the talk shows and cable television last week.’
- ‘All units are plumbed for gas and wired for cable television, telephones and alarm systems.’
- ‘Do you think that a facility of cable television has allowed this sort of niche broadcasting to have overt sympathies expressed on air?’
- ‘With the exception of premium channels, you don't pay for itemized programming on cable television.’
- ‘Does anyone really want what happened to radio to happen to TV, or newspapers, or cable television?’
- ‘Over the last few weeks, I've been looking into upgrading to digital, satellite or cable television.’
- ‘Its rating has not moved at all which I think is an achievement, keeping in mind that it's broadcast on cable television.’
- ‘The film never made it to the big screen, but it became a cult hit on cable television and video.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.