One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cable attached to the shutter release of a camera, allowing the photographer to open the shutter without touching or moving the camera.
- ‘Open the shutter on the bulb setting of your camera with a locking cable release with either a mechanical or electronic release.’
- ‘The most important thing that you should know about sharpness is to use a good tripod for all of your shots as well as using a cable release.’
- ‘Take the picture by either using a locking cable release or by keeping your finger depressed on the shutter release.’
- ‘I don't think a homemade cable release would damage the camera.’
- ‘Set the camera's shutter-speed dial to the B position and lock the shutter open using your cable release.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.