Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cable attached to the shutter release of a camera, allowing the photographer to open the shutter without touching or moving the camera.
- ‘The most important thing that you should know about sharpness is to use a good tripod for all of your shots as well as using a cable release.’
- ‘Set the camera's shutter-speed dial to the B position and lock the shutter open using your cable release.’
- ‘I don't think a homemade cable release would damage the camera.’
- ‘Open the shutter on the bulb setting of your camera with a locking cable release with either a mechanical or electronic release.’
- ‘Take the picture by either using a locking cable release or by keeping your finger depressed on the shutter release.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.