Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Cabinets collectively.‘the cabinetry and worktops of your kitchen’
- ‘Like old, garish kitchen cabinetry, these smaller cabinets can start to look outdated and consequently ruin the look of everything else in the space.’
- ‘A distinctive light green, brush-stroked paint finish on the kitchen cabinetry, center island, and family-room bookcases disguises little fingerprints and scratches.’
- ‘The adjacent kitchen's appeal lies in the recycled cabinetry: panel doors turned sideways for the lower cabinets, mullioned windows for the upper ones.’
- ‘There, she made furniture and cabinetry and learned to use a forge.’
- ‘Many people are familiar with the concept of modular cabinets as a less expensive alternative to custom cabinets in the kitchen, but they tend to get overlooked when planning cabinetry for the bathroom.’
- ‘The glossy white links to the kitchen cabinetry, and sets off simply carved Dutch antique chairs that Susie has been pushing under different tables for over 20 years.’
- ‘Kip immediately began to build and restore log cabins and has moved onto build custom homes, as well as create custom cabinetry and furniture.’
- ‘More clients are seeking an integrated design solution for their kitchen that not only coordinates cabinetry and the appliance suite, but also complementary portable appliances.’
- ‘In the kitchen, he specified stainless steel appliances and clean-lined cherry cabinetry but left the original windows intact, wavy glass and all.’
- ‘The furniture look in cabinetry is a popular way to add warmth.’
- ‘And he said that while Irish furniture was generally very well made, ‘the market for cabinetry and old-fashioned upholstery is shrinking in the UK’.’
- ‘As many world travelers know, Europeans view their kitchen cabinetry quite differently than Americans typically do.’
- ‘The cellar was finished in maple in the same custom stain as the kitchen cabinetry.’
- ‘Remember, remodeling your kitchen or bathroom to maximize space can be done with custom or semi-custom cabinetry, or by selecting storage accessories in stock cabinets.’
- ‘The maple cabinets blend nicely with the floors, built-in desk, and custom cabinetry in the adjoining bedrooms.’
- ‘These formal shops with five to ten employees manufacture farm machinery, hydraulic equipment, storage barns, furniture, and cabinetry.’
- ‘For those unable to afford elaborately carved items or high-quality cabinetry, there was nevertheless much practical, utilitarian furniture.’
- ‘It is more spacious than I imagined, with rich wood cabinetry, a table and two decent sized windows overlooking the sea.’
- ‘Instead, they focus on high-end interior design products such as kitchen and bath cabinetry.’
- ‘Built-in cabinetry eliminated the need for dressers and bookshelves so Maureen splurged on roomy, cushy leather furniture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.