Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Cabinets collectively:‘the cabinetry and worktops of your kitchen’
- ‘As many world travelers know, Europeans view their kitchen cabinetry quite differently than Americans typically do.’
- ‘The furniture look in cabinetry is a popular way to add warmth.’
- ‘The maple cabinets blend nicely with the floors, built-in desk, and custom cabinetry in the adjoining bedrooms.’
- ‘These formal shops with five to ten employees manufacture farm machinery, hydraulic equipment, storage barns, furniture, and cabinetry.’
- ‘Kip immediately began to build and restore log cabins and has moved onto build custom homes, as well as create custom cabinetry and furniture.’
- ‘There, she made furniture and cabinetry and learned to use a forge.’
- ‘The adjacent kitchen's appeal lies in the recycled cabinetry: panel doors turned sideways for the lower cabinets, mullioned windows for the upper ones.’
- ‘Many people are familiar with the concept of modular cabinets as a less expensive alternative to custom cabinets in the kitchen, but they tend to get overlooked when planning cabinetry for the bathroom.’
- ‘More clients are seeking an integrated design solution for their kitchen that not only coordinates cabinetry and the appliance suite, but also complementary portable appliances.’
- ‘And he said that while Irish furniture was generally very well made, ‘the market for cabinetry and old-fashioned upholstery is shrinking in the UK’.’
- ‘The glossy white links to the kitchen cabinetry, and sets off simply carved Dutch antique chairs that Susie has been pushing under different tables for over 20 years.’
- ‘For those unable to afford elaborately carved items or high-quality cabinetry, there was nevertheless much practical, utilitarian furniture.’
- ‘A distinctive light green, brush-stroked paint finish on the kitchen cabinetry, center island, and family-room bookcases disguises little fingerprints and scratches.’
- ‘Remember, remodeling your kitchen or bathroom to maximize space can be done with custom or semi-custom cabinetry, or by selecting storage accessories in stock cabinets.’
- ‘The cellar was finished in maple in the same custom stain as the kitchen cabinetry.’
- ‘In the kitchen, he specified stainless steel appliances and clean-lined cherry cabinetry but left the original windows intact, wavy glass and all.’
- ‘Instead, they focus on high-end interior design products such as kitchen and bath cabinetry.’
- ‘Built-in cabinetry eliminated the need for dressers and bookshelves so Maureen splurged on roomy, cushy leather furniture.’
- ‘It is more spacious than I imagined, with rich wood cabinetry, a table and two decent sized windows overlooking the sea.’
- ‘Like old, garish kitchen cabinetry, these smaller cabinets can start to look outdated and consequently ruin the look of everything else in the space.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.