One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An early type of photograph, of about 6 by 4 inches.
- ‘The cabinet photograph increased in popularity as the demand for carte de visite portraits fell.’
- ‘These cabinet photographs were taken by Naperville photography studios in the late 19th century.’
- ‘This collection consists of two daguerreotypes, two cabinet photographs, an ambrotype, a tintype and two silver gelatin copy prints.’
- ‘For example, a Philadelphia photographer would take photos of the Philadelphia players and send the resulting cabinet photographs to the tobacco company.’
- ‘A cabinet photograph produced by a commercial studio (as they all were) would not be a single object to be hidden behind a sliding panel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.