One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An early type of photograph, of about 6 by 4 inches.
- ‘For example, a Philadelphia photographer would take photos of the Philadelphia players and send the resulting cabinet photographs to the tobacco company.’
- ‘These cabinet photographs were taken by Naperville photography studios in the late 19th century.’
- ‘This collection consists of two daguerreotypes, two cabinet photographs, an ambrotype, a tintype and two silver gelatin copy prints.’
- ‘A cabinet photograph produced by a commercial studio (as they all were) would not be a single object to be hidden behind a sliding panel.’
- ‘The cabinet photograph increased in popularity as the demand for carte de visite portraits fell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.